The ABB Corporate Research Center in the United States is colocated in Raleigh, North Carolina, and Windsor, Connecticut. The center delivers leading-edge technologies and innovative solutions to ABB power and automation businesses.
Our focus areas include:
- Transmission and distribution system engineering
- Grid modernization technologies
- Solid-state protection device design and applications
- Electrical machines
- Variable-speed drives and control
- Converter design and control
- Software engineering techniques and tools
- Software, system and analytics architectures
- Robot intelligence and ease of use
- Intelligent sensors and applications
We collaborate with leading universities including MIT, Purdue University, the University of Wisconsin, the University of Tennessee, North Carolina State University, Tokyo Marine University, Texas A&M University, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Case Western Reserve University, Kent State University, Georgia Institute of Technology, the University of Washington, the University of Maryland, the University of Delaware and University College London.