Print job advertisement
The main objective of this position is to develop the switchgear, motor control centers and other medium voltage portfolio business in Western Canada. This person will supply support to our customers on the development of solutions adapted to their needs including the development of protection schemes, development of single lines, product definition, etc.
He/she will prepare quotations, negotiate orders and track future opportunities. For this a knowledge of financial and legal terms and conditions is necessary. He/she will be also instrumental in assure the clear comprehension of technical and commercial characteristics of the project in the order handover to project management and engineering.
Other responsibilities include seminars, customer presentations, support to the marketing group during the quotation process and to the operations group on the research of solutions to technical application problems during the project execution.
Knowledge of transformers, medium voltage switching and protection equipment as well as installation of electrical equipment in prefabricated buildings is necessary
- Influence specifications and prepare bid strategy for different projects
- Prepare proposals and negotiate purchase order terms and prices
- Develop single lines, protection schemes, equipment ratings and layout of prefabricated substations
- Define special offering for different market segments.
- Conduct technical seminars, lunch and learns and other customer presentations.
- Aid factories to select the best fitted products for the requested applications
- Function as member of marketing staff with strong team orientation. Handle multiple projects and critical deadlines with efficiency and individual accountability.
- Develop, maintain and understand target markets needs and practicies, industry issues, customer purchasing behavior and influences
- Evaluate competitor solutions and implements ABB technical options
- Conduct research to identify new products opportunities.
- Work with Sales Managers and PT Management to fill holes in product basket through development or product customization.
- Work with product managers and marketing managers on product development, product enhancements and product launches.
- Conduct market research using surveys, interviews, and comparison to competitors' product.
- Instrumental in the research and development of new products and services as well as related marketing and sales strategies for these products.
- Electrical engineering degree
- 10 years experience in electric power industry, preferable in an electrical equipment manufacturer or a consultant company
- Knowledge of industrial electrical systems
- Knowledge of electrical Standards, CSA, ANSI, IEC, Mining electrical code, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of Canadian market namely: Oil and Gas, Mining, Utilities
ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process. We also offer a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender and includes man and women.
- Contract type:
- Date posted:
- Job function:
- Publication ID: