Print job advertisement
The opportunity is for a Country Supply Chain Manager for ABB in Canada. The country organization has annual revenues of approximately $2B. Based out of the Montreal offices of ABB, the Supply Chain Manager also has significant operations elsewhere in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and a number of other offices across the country.
The candidate, reporting to the Country CFO and partnering with the Regional Supply Chain Manager, will develop and maintain long and short term supply chain strategies to meet the goals of the business. Additionally, the candidate will partner with the Local Division Managers to review the policies, practices and performance of on-going supply chain and vendor management initiatives, mitigate associated risks and ensure the appropriate business controls are in place to monitor ongoing status effectively.
With a country-wide team, define and manage Supply Chain Management activities:
- Drive the improvement of all supply chain and procurement processes by partnering with business and corporate resources to improve end to end processes and the use of business systems.
- Effectively lead and develop the Supply Chain team by identifying clear roles, responsibilities and development plans to ensure superior supply chain and procurement support to the businesses.
- Support efficient management of resources by developing and executing strategies to increase Operating Cash Flow and reduce Net Working Capital.
- Ensure compliance with all ABB Policies.
- Manage and develop material strategies, implement targets and standards/processes within the country;
- Design and implement cost-out programs and/or processes for a diverse portfolio in a global organization to reach financial targets
- Design and implement low cost country/local sourcing plans for a diverse portfolio in a global organization to reach targets
- Apply and implement Supply Chain Management standards, tools and processes for business continuity in a multi-business organization
- Select, manage, assess and promote talent within each business. Succession planning for lead Supply Chain Management positions within each business. Arrange training programs.
- Establishes excellent and transparent communication internally, externally, and between different units.
- Design and implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- University degree or equivalent
- Fifteen (15) years’ experience in business operations, the last five (5) as a senior member of the Management Team ideally in a multi-national product and project environment.
- Excellent business acumen
- Must be a team player and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills (internal and external)
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Information management experience is an asset
- Bilingual English and French, written and spoken is preferred
- Good knowledge of commodity / business relevant supply markets supporting regional / multi-business organization.
- Superior negotiation skills in a highly challenging regional business environment
ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process. We also offer a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender and includes man and women.
- Contract type:
- Date posted:
- Job function:
- Purchasing and Supply Management
- Publication ID: