Introduced in 1984, the operator station was connected to the process stations through the DCN communication network. If offered by that time advanced functions for operator communication, such as:
- Support from 1 to 4 CRTs
- Standard displays
- Curve displays
- User defined process displays
- Effective operator dialogue for manual control
- Alarm and event management and display
- Three different keyboards: an Alphanumeric Keyboard, the Operator Control Panel, and the Page Selector Alarm Panel (PSAP).
- Longtime storage of historic data for curve displays
- Self-diagnostics and display of system status
- Display design "on-line", directly on the screen
- Quick, flexible and secure access to relevant displays and information
ABB Multibus Console life cycle status
The Multibus Console was moved into the Classic life cycle phase on 1992, into Limited life cycle phase in 2001 and finally into the Obsolete phase in 2010.
ABB strongly recommends customers to migrate ABB Multibus Console to System 800xA for Advant MOD 300 which has support for all needed functions.