ABB Ability™ Manufacturing Execution Systems - MES
Agility and transparency to production process with ABB's next generation of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) software solutions
As a key component of a Collaborative Production Management strategy, a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) provides the key elements to obtain competitive advantage in any manufacturing business today. It enables higher plant efficiency and productivity as well as greater flexibility throughout the production processes. The focus in the post Y2K era is on next generation systems that collaborate with each other, promoting organizational agility.
Benefits of ABB's next generation MES
Flexible, ISA 95 based modeling capabilities and modular architecture with components and optional product modules, ensure an evolutionary approach for the future business needs.
- Manufacturing flexibility for leaner supply chains — more responsive to the market pull and more predictive to suppliers.
- Transparency of operations and accurate manufacturing instructions through seamless connectivity between people, equipment and systems.
- Production visibility to minimize costs, maximize order fulfillment and throughput.
- Improved product quality, reliability, tracking and traceability for regulatory compliance.
- Improved cycle time by identifying the bottlenecks in the process workflows.
- Exceptions management with dynamic responses (e.g. material shortage, machine or operator downtime, rework).
- Management access to all types of operational data enabling decision support for corrective actions and performance improvement.