Network Manager SCADA/EMS is the optimal control center solution to enable secure, efficient and optimized operation of the electric power system. Network Manager’s open platform allows for easy integration with other utility information systems, while maintaining high levels of security. It is the market leading platform for building control center solutions to manage today’s power grids as well as tomorrow’s Smart Grids. Its modular architecture can be tailored to the needs of each company to provide a smooth migration path for future expansion.
The applications are built on an open platform, and can be tuned for real-time control and analysis as well as optimization and planning purposes. These powerful network operation tools facilitate safe and efficient day-to-day operation while minimizing long term capital expenditures.
Each EMS function is implemented as a separate software package and interfaced with the system through a real-time database. This makes it easy to tailor the system to the user requirements, to define execution sequences and cycles individually, and to add new software modules from ABB or third-party suppliers as your system evolves.
- Full suite of Network Applications, providing:
- Superior information about network state
- Early identification of transmission bottlenecks
- Computation of transfer capacity
- Identification and correction of security violations
- Optimization of voltage levels across the transmission network
- Complete set of SCADA applications which:
- Fulfill the demands for supervisory control of power systems.
- Give efficient support for all states of operation as well as efficient handling of disturbances
- Graphical user interface allowing for:
- improved situational awareness
- intuitive usage for operators
- Comprehensive operator training environment
- Excellent execution performance
- Improved system reliability and reduced probability of blackouts
- Optimal utilization of the transmission network