ABB Network Manager MMS includes a set of advanced applications and a modern, service-oriented IT platform that supports various market related functions performed by Market/System operators including Independent System Operators, Transmission System Operators, Market Operators and Regional Transmission Organizations.
ABB Network Manager MMS optimizes market clearing and congestion management for nodal and zonal markets – whether required a day or week ahead, in real-time, or at periods throughout the day. ABB’s market management solutions have enabled operations for leading transmission and market operators around the globe such as New York NYISO, ERCOT Texas, Ireland SEMO, China ECGC and Australia IMOWA.
Network Manager MMS is built on a modern and open enterprise architecture, with in-built flexibility to support various market designs and environments.
Network Manager MMS includes:
- Advanced applications:
- Security Constrained Unit Commitment – providing field proven MIP and LR methodologies
- Security Constrained Economic Dispatch
- Resource and network modelling
- Nodal, zonal and single price mechanisms
- Smart Grid features like demand response and renewables
- Market trading infrastructure:
- Wholesale trading - energy, ancillary services, transmission rights, capacity
- Participant registration
- Market rule administration
- Real-time publishing
- Dispatch messaging
- ENTSO-E Systems and protocols
- Enterprise integration/system services
- Market surveillance
- Meter data management
- Commercial reconciliation (settlements, prudential risk, accounting, billing, contract management)