Managing complex plant operations demands a comprehensive, integrated software solution that not only optimizes performance, but can be implemented quickly and adapted to plant-specific procedures and processes. ABB’s electronic Shift Operations Management System (eSOMS) ensures the safe, efficient and reliable operation and maintenance of facility assets. eSOMS aids in automating and integrating the major processes of plant operations management, facilitating data sharing and reducing the amount of data entry required. With eSOMS, companies have easier access to information and recordkeeping, consistent & compliant processes, enhanced efficiency, productivity and safety, and overall reduced time and costs of operations activities.
eSOMS is designed to provide a consistent, organized, and integrated approach to those activities that affect equipment configuration, system status, and plant operation. Modules include:
- Clearance – assists in implementing, controlling, and executing a plant’s lockout procedure.
- Operator Rounds – automates the tasks of collecting, storing, and analyzing equipment operating data.
- Limiting Conditions for Operation (LCO) Tracking – designed for those industries where regulatory compliance requirements may directly affect plant operations.
- Narrative Logs – records and qualifies events which occur during an individual’s shift watch.
- Notice of Change (NoC) – manages the complete life-cycle of an organization’s NoC process.
- Mobile Logbook – allows desktop log entries and associated plant data to be transferred to, and accessed on an operator’s mobile device, along with providing more timely access of plant activities to enterprise level decision makers.
- Worker safety – meet safety standards for the workers, plant and environment.
- Plant reliability – extend asset life, preserving plant integrity and configuration.
- Productivity – do things once, do things right – the first time.
- Communications and efficiency – Improves decision making with ease of access to information across all key plant personnel – and not only subject matter experts.
- Governance / compliance – ensure public and stakeholder confidence, ensure regulatory compliance and create an environment of continuous improvement.
- Costs – reduce costs through effective issue prioritization and leverage performance improvements to processes and equipment.