The EMPAC is a metal enclosed fixed capacitor bank installed to provide fixed capacitive reactive power compensation. The EMPAC improves the quality of the electrical supply and the efficient operation of the system. Its installation has other beneficial effects on the system such as: improvement of the voltage at the load, better voltage regulation, reduction of losses and reduction of investments in transmission.
- Suitable for applications with little space thanks to its compact design
- Available for indoor/outdoor installation
- Available with and without SF6 circuit breaker depending on the customer needs
- Applications up to 36 kV
The capacitor bank EMPAC comes with:
- Compact design resulting in a small footprint and height
- Fully enclosed design protecting live parts. Interlocking scheme between circuit breaker and grounding switch is always fitted for personal protection. Live line indicators as well an integral interlocking scheme are also available on request.
- Same footprint and volume in case of Mvar expansion (within the same enclosure)
- Very easy handling and lifting. No additional assembly required on site.
- SF6 breaker mechanically staggered for synchronized switching where switching transients are critical (optional)
- Very easy replacement of components in the event of malfunction