With short-circuit ratings from 170 to 210 kA, HEC 7/8 is suitable for power plants up to 1,600 MW and is recommended for retrofits or replacements of old generator circuit-breakers (GCBs) in air-blast technology. Naturally cooled up to 25,000 A, its interrupting technology allows to clear fault currents exhibiting very high degree of asymmetry up to 120-130 percent.
The 3-phase system includes circuit-breaker, disconnector, capacitors and control cubicle, and offers a wide selection of additional components, such as earthing and starting switches, current and voltage transformers and surge arresters. It is delivered fully assembled to minimize the installation and commissioning time at site.
- Rated short-circuit current up to 210 kA for application in the largest power plants
- Load current up to 28,000 A
- GCB system solution for power plants up to 1,600 MW
- Naturally cooled up to 25,000 A
- With more than 300 references, HEC 7/8 secures reliable operation in power plants all around the world
- Its state-of-the-art technology ensures safe operation and interruption of short-circuit currents up to 210 kA
- Fully type tested according to IEEE C37.013, the worldwide GCB standard
- Available options: