PASS (Plug and Switch System) encloses all functions of a complete switchgear bay in a single module. The hybrid design makes use of traditional air-insulated busbars to connect with other equipment in the substation while enclosing the following bay functions in a single-phase gas-insulated housing.
- Circuit breaker
- Combined disconnector and earthing switches
- Voltage transformers and voltage sensors
- Current transformers
- Fast earthing switch options
PASS modules are completely factory assembled and tested, ready for rapid installation and energization.
PASS is available in numerous configurations including single busbar, double busbar, double circuit breaker, wind and railway application, pre-assembled H-configured switchgear bay, and various other customized configurations are possible.
- PASS with more than 8,000 bays is the most widely installed hybrid switchgear worldwide, protecting networks in many different climates and applications
- Close to GIS compactness at AIS value - the best of both worlds
- Delivered fully assembled and tested, ready for rapid installation and energization
- Modular design enables highly customizable solutions in a short manufacturing time
- Global service organization, local everywhere