PASS M00 for offshore wind farms belongs to ABB’s innovative high-voltage hybrid switchgear family PASS (Plug and Switch System). PASS encloses all functions of a complete switchgear bay in a single module. PASS M00 for offshore wind farms is a further step ahead in the combination of compactness and function integration typical of PASS modules, as it can be inserted and fitted in narrow spaces such as a wind tower or nacelle. The cable ending, the disconnecting switch and the earthing switch are now enclosed in a single assembly including:
- Circuit breaker
- Combined disconnector and earthing switches
- Voltage transformers and Voltage sensors
- Current Transformers
- Motor drive option
- Fast earthing switch option
The PASS module is completely factory assembled and tested, ready for rapid installation and energization.
- Line and transformer switching
- Offshore wind farms application
- Extreme climates and high altitude application
- PASS is the most widely installed hybrid switchgear worldwide, protecting networks in many different climates and applications.
- Close to GIS compactness at AIS value - the best of both worlds
- Delivered fully assembled and tested, energizing in 12 hours on-site
- Modular design enables highly customizable solutions in a short manufacturing time
- Global service organization, local everywhere