The PVA Combined Current / Voltage Transformers are used for supplying measurement and protection of systems current and voltage signals in 50Hz electric power grids.
PVA transformers are top core type CT design with an inductive voltage transformer housed in the base. The current and voltage modules are encapsulated in a common hermetic housing filled with PCB-free transformer oil. Top core current design makes it possible to achieve high values of thermal and dynamic short-circuit currents as well as broad range of rated primary currents and outputs of secondary windings.
Placing the CT and VT modules in one housing gives considerable savings, thanks to lower number of transformers in a bay, less supporting structures, connections and space needed in the substation, lower transportation and installation costs.
- Installed in grids with insulated or effectively earthed neutral point and in resonant earthed systems
- Revenue metering
- Protective relaying
- System control and indication of power flow
ABB has developed a state-of-the-art design to provide benefits to our users for better electrical performance, improved environmental withstand and a long trouble-free life. This is accomplished with:
- Initial purchase price advantage (only one housing instead of two separate housings)
- Low dielectric loss factor tan δ
- Maintenance free
- Long lifespan of over 25 years
- Short delivery time
- Very low partial discharges
- Ferroresonance free
- Tg Delta Measurement independent for voltage and current coil
- Fully tested in own laboratory with PTB certificate
- Highly competitive