SSVT inductive voltage transformers consist of a single-phase design intended for connection between phase and ground on 46 kV-362 kV HV grounded neutral networks to supply power to panels at low voltage or medium voltage.
The design allows for convenient siting within the substation environment for simple mounting to single phase supports. The SSVT is directly connected to the HV network and provides power to the panel within the substation, or to remote loads directly supplied for the HV service. SSVTs can provide output voltages from 120 V to MV levels (contact factory for specific output voltages). Power levels available range from 10 kVA to 167 kVA single phase supply for all system voltages, and as high as 333 kVA for 245 kV systems.
Station service voltage transformers can be supplied for power only, or power plus optional metering windings having either single or two tapped windings for voltage measurement. Hermetic sealing of the design is accomplished using a gas cushion above the oil to prevent free-breathing outside moisture-ladened air.
ANSI 70 gray insulators are supplied with high creep and high strike designs. Porcelain insulators are normally standard with polymer offered as an option, except at 362 kV, which has a standard polymer design.
- Station service auxiliary power needs
- Railway applications for small power needs
- Remote site power for small industrial loads or mining sites
- Rural electrification for reducing the cost of first power
ABB developed the market for station service voltage transformers in North America and remains an innovator in this field with new designs being created every year. Our product offering is more diverse and covers many application specific needs for our global users in order to provide optimal service. We have packaging capability to offer a complete mini-substation package in order to lessen the first cost of rural power requirements.
- Our experts can assist you with advice for finding the optimum solutions.
- Designed for easy siting within very small spaces from polar to desert climate
- Low loss design is one of the most efficient station service solutions available on in the market today as compared to power transformers, tertiary windings on power transformers, distribution lines, or MV supply from other sources
- This product provides high reliability and power availability for any critical load need up to as high as 333 kVA per phase