Surge arresters are used for protection of electrical equipment from all kind of over-voltages caused by lightening or switching operations. ABB has more than 75 years of experience in designing and manufacturing surge arresters.
ABB surge arresters are made of metal oxide (MO) resistors without spark gaps directly molded in silicone housing, in grey color, and designed and tested according to IEC 60099-4.
- Surge arresters for medium voltage systems
- Surge arresters for AC traction systems
- Surge arresters for DC traction systems
- Voltage limiting devices for DC traction systems
- ABB offers a complete range of surge arresters for HV, MV and LV as well for outdoor, indoor and GIS applications.
- Local and global ABB application support
- ABB surge arresters are based on the latest technology of Metal Oxide-Varistors
- The surge arresters sre looped and wrapped with glass fiber- composite material to assure best stability and compactness
- They are directly molded into silicon for best environmental robustness and to prevent internal discharges.
- Long life-time expectation of all ABB surge arresters