Manual motor starters
Manual motor starters are electromechanical protection devices for the main circuit. They are used mainly to switch motors manually ON/OFF and to provide fuse less protection against short-circuit, overload and phase failures. Fuse less protection saves costs, space and ensures a quick reaction under short-circuit condition by switching off the motor within milliseconds. Starter combinations are setup together with contactors and are available with screw or Push-in Spring terminals.
Harmonized main accessory range (auxiliary contacts, signal contacts, shunt trips and undervoltage releases) for MS1xx and MO1xx family
- Compact design
- Efficient planning and installation perfectly matching the ABB contactor family
- Simple connecting links ensure electrical and mechanical connection to build direct-on-line starters
- Less machine downtime by protecting motors and reduced trouble shooting and reduced maintenance expenditures by protecting motors
ABB’s Push-in Spring terminals offer unique, fast , easy and reliable connections
- Manual control / short-circuit current and overload protection
- Adjustable current setting for overload protection and magnetic trip indication
- Disconnection function
- Temperature compensation
- Remote control via undervoltage release or shunt trip
- Short-circuit service breaking capacity Ics up to 100 kA.