DC rolling stock circuit breaker DCBreak
Medium voltage high-speed bi-directional DC circuit breaker for rolling stock application power supply up to 900 V, 1500 A.
The DCBreak circuit breaker family for rolling stock combines a small footprint, reduced weight, high flexibility and reliable operation with minimal maintenance. It is ABB’s first in a line of new products intended for the direct current railway transportation market. It is designed to high safety standards as well as relevant environmental directives and industry standards.
Engineered with flexibility in mind, it is as easy to implement in new builds as well as retrofit into existing ones, and its simplified design makes for reduced maintenance time and costs.
DCBreak product range
- Rated operational voltage 900 V, rated current 1500 A, breaking capacity 30 kA
- Space savings
- Technology with low environmental impact
- Reduced handling time and maintenance cost
- Fast and safe installation in new as well as existing vehicles
- Compact design with 40 % less footprint and weight just 28 kg
- Cadmium-free contacts for reduced environmental impact (RoHS compliant)
- Easy to service due to over 200,000 maintenance free operations
- Simple plug-and-play replacement of majority of circuit breakers available on the market currently
- Possible to install in the undercarriage as well as the overhead
- Functional blocks based design simplifies maintenance operations and reduces costs
- Conformity to railway standards