ANSI / IEC medium voltage indoor fuses
MV fuses up to 40.5 kV for indoor application, commonly known as high voltage fuses, provide main or back-up protection against overload and overcurrents.
ABB offers both current limiting and expulsion (non-current limiting) fuses for medium voltage systems. Fuses are tested according to IEC or ANSI standards, depending on design and market preferences. Two housing materials are applicable – porcelain and resin-fiberglass. Both of them are characterized by high mechanical and thermal resistance. The fuses can operate as sole devices or can be combined with air insulated and SF6-insulated switch disconnectors. Why ABB?
- Low minimum breaking current (CEF and CMF fuses feature a specially designed overload spot that reduces both the minimum melting current and the minimum breaking current)
- Temperature Control Unit (TCU) integrated with the fuse striker is activated ato break the circuit when the allowable temperature in the switchgear is exceeded
- Low power losses and low arc-voltage
- High breaking capacity and high current limitation
- Special design fast fuses for wind applications, motor fuses and railway fuses