ANSI / IEC medium voltage outdoor fuses
MV outdoor fuses up to 40.5 kV (commonly known as high voltage fuses) protect capacitors, capacitor banks and transformers from potential damage caused by overload or short circuit.
The current limiting and expulsion (non-current limiting) fuses for medium voltage systems, type tested according to ANSI or IEC standards.
- Capable to control full range of overload currents either in combination with switching apparatus or as sole protection
- Economic protection devices for immediate interruption of high short circuit currents that significantly increase isolation life time
- High mechanical and thermal resistance of housing materials
- Low switching voltages makes suitable to be used in wide application range
- Low power losses and low arc-voltage
- High breaking capacity and high current limitation
- Fuse voltage ratings of 2.5 kV – 40.5 kV, current ratings 2-200 A
- Two housing materials are applicable – porcelain and resin-fiberglass
- High interrupting capacity up to 90 kA
- Special designs for capacitor banks (CXP, COL, CLXP) and distribution transformers (CEF)