ANSI outdoor current limiting fuse COL
The COL fuse is designed for outdoor use only. It is current limiting, indicating and disconnecting.
The COL outdoor fuse is a current limiting capacitor fuse, they exist in voltage classes of 2.8, 5.5, 8.3, 15.5 and 23 kV, 8-80 A.
- Ability to interrupt inductively limited faults
- Reduces fuse replacement cost to the price of a NEMA type K fuse link when low current interruption occurs
- Significantly reduces maximum expected value of short circuit currents that increase isolation life time
- COL fuses exist in voltage classes of 2.8 kV, 5.5 kV, 8.3 kV, 15.5 kV and 23 kV
- Full range current limiting capacitor fuse, indicating and disconnecting
- Outdoor use only
- Maximum 60 Hz Inductive current Interrupting up to 90 kA RMS sym.
- Maximum parallel capacitor discharge energy rating up to 88 kJoule
- The COL capacitor fuse must be used with an ejector spring