A current transformer without primary conductor and primary insulation of its own, which can be mounted over an insulated cable. An uninsulated busbar or low voltage cable serves as the primary conductor.
Series KOKU current transformers can also be used for measuring the phase current at voltages even higher than 0.72 kV (for KOKU 072 G4) or 1.2 kV (for KOKU 1), if the insulation of the high voltage primary conductor fulfils the respective standards for the operating voltage. The secondary winding and ring shaped iron core is cast in resin which has good electrical and mechanical properties.
MV Outdoor cable KOKU current transformers are suitable for measuring in low voltage application. KOKU is a transformer without primary conductor and primary insulation of its own, which can be mounted over an insulated cable or an insulated busbar.
- Fits everywhere thanks to wide variants of internal and external dimensions
- Easy mounting thanks to fixation point on transformer body
- Resistant to outdoor conditions
- Hydrophobic material offers superior outdoor performance and minimizes the potential for flashover
- Hydrophobic epoxy resin (HCEP), capable of withstanding outdoor environmental conditions
- Rated primary current from 50 up to 10000 A
- Up to 6 secondary terminals
- Variant with sealable secondary cover available
- Wound core and coil assembly encapsulated in a molded cast resin with various window diameter form 33 to 500 mm