The SUE 3000 high speed transfer system is a combination of optimized ABB detection devices and magnetic high speed vacuum circuit breakers. This system allows a transfer time of 30 ms (1½ cycle) between two synchron incomers to ensure continuous power supply for extremely critical processes.
Furthermore, through the possibility of manually-initiated transfers – for targeted clearings, for example – the operation of the installation is considerably simplified.
The high speed transfer device can be connected without difficulty to switchgear which are being newly installed as well as to ones which already exist. SUE 3000 supports all of the usual voltage levels. In order to cover all possible scenarios SUE 3000 offers four different motor bus transfer modes.
- High speed transfer to ensure continuous power supply
- Avoid costly production outage and environmental damage
- Guarantee of an optimum safeguarding of energy supply
- Guarantee of the shortest possible processing time and the highest possible level of safety
- Good solution for the protection of important mainframe computer systems in combination with rotating loads
- No energy and maintenance costs compared to static and dynamic UPS systems
- Proven and optimized solution from ABB
- Fast switch time (30 ms or 1½ cycle) when using high speed vacuum breakers
- The HSTS is available for switchgear layouts with 2 feeders and one common busbar (2 circuit breaker configuration) or 2 feeders with 2 busbar sections and a coupling circuit breaker (3 circuit-breaker configuration).
- Systems components used are REF 542plus feeder protection relays, SUE 3000 high speed transfer device, VM1-T high speed vacuum circuit breaker and current and voltage sensors/transformers