Capacitor protection relay SPAJ 160 C
The numerical capacitor relay SPAJ 160 C is an integrated current measuring multi-function relay used for protection of capacitor banks
Capacitor banks are used in the power system for compensating the reactive power and for filtering harmonics. The capacitor banks are usually protected against overload caused by harmonic currents and over-voltage caused by internal faults in the bank. Protection against unintentional reconnection of a charged capacitor to an energized network is also to be included. All these functions are incorporated in the SPAJ 160 C relay.
A complete protection system for capacitor banks should also include overcurrent, short circuit and earth-fault protection. The capacitor protection relay SPAJ 160 C is easily supplemented with adequate over-current and earth-fault relays from the SPACOM product range.
- Current measuring multi-function relay designed to be used for the protection of capacitor banks
- Capacitor bank asset protection
- One-, two- and three-phase overload stage with definite time characteristic
- One-, two- and three-phase overload stage with inverse (ANSI) time characteristic
- Phase unbalance protection stage with definite time characteristic
- Phase unbalance protection stage with inverse time characteristic
- Undercurrent protection for detection of capacitor disconnection. Reconnection time with wide setting range
- Compensation for natural unbalance current
- Continuous self-supervision of hardware and software
- Serial interface for connecting the relay to the fiber-optic SPA bus and further to higher-level data acquisition, reporting and/or control systems
- Easy selection of appropriate operational scheme for various applications
- Proven technology