The REF 543 feeder terminal can be used with different kinds of switchgear, including single busbar, double busbar and duplex systems.
The protection functions also support different types of networks, such as, isolated neutral networks, resonant-earthed networks and partially earthed networks. The application area also covers medium-sized three phase asynchronous motors as well as protection and control of shunt capacitor banks used for reactive power compensation. In addition to protection, measurement, control, condition monitoring and general functions, the REF 543 feeder terminals are provided with a large amount of PLC functions, which allow for several automation and sequence logic functions, needed for substation automation, to be integrated into one unit.
The data communication properties include the following communication standards: SPA bus, LON bus, IEC 60870-5-103, IEC 61850 via SPA-ZC 400, Profibus DPV1 via SPA-ZC 302, DNP 3.0 and Modbus communication with higher level equipment. Further, the LON communication together with the PLC functions minimizes the need for hardwiring between the feeder terminals.
- Protection functions for many different types of power networks
- Programmable logic functions (PLC)
- Wide support for different communication protocols
- Optical communication for fast disturbance-free communication
- Voltage and current measurement via conventional measuring transformers or current sensors and voltage dividers
- Fault locator for short circuits in all kinds of network
- Support for IEC 61850 protocol through the SPA-ZC 400 adapter
- 25 binary inputs and 18 output relays