REF610 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and part of its 610 product series. The series includes protection relays for feeder protection, motor protection and general system voltage supervision. The plug-in design facilitates the commissioning of the switchgear and enables fast and safe insertion and withdrawal of protection relay plug-in units.
REF610 is primarily intended for the protection of incoming and outgoing feeders in distribution substations of resistance earthed and solidly earthed power systems. REF610 is suitable for employment in marine and off-shore environments. Supplied with an optional arc protection function REF610 also provides fast substation busbar arc-fault protection.
- The compact design makes it suitable for both new and retrofit installations
- Quick and easy routine maintenance thanks to the removable plug-in design
- Complete type test certified by KEMA
- Certificated for marine and off-shore use by Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
- Dedicated protection for utility distribution and industrial applications
- REF610 offers overcurrent and thermal overload protection for cable feeders, non-directional earth-fault protection and phase discontinuity protection, and three-phase, multishot auto-reclose functions for overhead line feeders
- REF610 supports a wide range of standard communication protocols, including IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5-103, Modbus®, Profibus, DNP3, SPA and LON.