REJ603 is intended to be used for selective short circuit and earth fault protection of feeders in secondary distribution networks and for protection of small transformers in utilities and industries.
It is a member of ABB’s Relion® protection and control product family and its 605 series. The 605 series relays fulfill the essential protection needs in medium voltage networks.
REJ603 is a current transformer powered numerical feeder protection relay designed for applications where auxiliary power is not available or cannot be guaranteed, thereby making it an ideal choice for installation at remote locations. The relay is primarily used in ring main units and secondary distribution switchgear within distribution networks.
- High suitability of operation with low energy trip coils
- Easy accessibility to activate trip state reset operation during de-energized condition of relay with built-in hand reset electromechanical flag
- Speedy commissioning by selective test function for protection functions and binary output contacts including test trip to circuit breaker
- Better fault analysis with event log/disturbance record facility
- Extensive self-supervision of relay hardware and software