Protection against thermal overload, earth-fault, over-current, over-voltage and phase unbalance are some important features that are provided in modern protective relays. SPAM 150 C is a current measuring multi-function relay for the complete protection of AC motors. The main area of application covers large or medium-sized three-phase motors in all types of conventional contactor or circuit-breaker controlled motor drives. The motor protection relay is available in two versions, one with a trip contact and the other with a breaking trip contact.
This relay can also be used for protection of other objects, such as transformers and feeders, requiring a single, two or three-phase over-current and/or overload protection and non-directional earth-fault protection.
The combined multi-function motor protection unit is a secondary relay device, connected to the current transformers of the protected motor drive. The three-phase currents and the neutral current of the protected device are continuously measured. On the basis of this measurement, the thermal condition of the motor is calculated and the faults of the network are detected. In fault situations, the relay will alarm or trip the circuit-breaker.
- The relay can also be used for the protection of other objects, such as transformers and feeders, requiring a single-, two- or three-phase overcurrent and/or overload protection and non-directional earth-fault protection
- Three-phase thermal overload protection
- High-set overcurrent protection with instantaneous or with definite time operation
- Phase unbalance and single-phasing protection with inverse time characteristic
- Fast operating incorrect phase sequence protection
- Sensitive earth-fault protection with definite time characteristic
- Undercurrent protection with definite time characteristic
- Several selectable motor start-up supervision methods
- Continuous self-supervision of hardware and software
- Current range handled meets the requirements for ExE motor drives of Zone 1