REM610 is a motor protection relay for the protection, measurement and supervision of medium-sized and large asynchronous LV motors and small and medium-sized asynchronous HV motors in the manufacturing and process industry.
REM610 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and part of its 610 product series. The series includes protection relays for feeders, motors and for general system voltage supervision. The plug-in design facilitates the commissioning of the switchgear and enables fast and safe insertion and withdrawal of relay plug-in units.
These protection relays can be used with both circuit-breaker and contactor-controlled motor drives in a variety of applications. As these relays are enhanced with an optional add-on card for RTD sensors or thermistor elements, they can be used for direct temperature measurement of critical motor items, such as bearings and windings. They are also used for the protection of cable feeders and distribution transformers, benefiting from thermal overload protection on top of the phase over-current protection, earth-fault protection and phase unbalance protection.
- Dedicated protection for utility distribution and industrial applications
- Complete type test certified by KEMA
- Certificated for marine and off-shore use by Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
- Compact size makes the 610 series ideal for retrofits and small spaces
- Quick and easy routine maintenance thanks to the removable plug-in design