REG630 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and a part of its 630 product series. The 630 series relays are characterized by functional scalability and flexible configurability. REG630 has been designed to be the main protection for synchronous generators, offering full protection during start-up and normal run for both the generator and the prime mover. REG630 is typically used in small and medium-sized diesel, hydroelectric, combined heat and power (CHP), and steam power plants.
The pre-defined configuration is intended for directly connected generator sets and can either be used as such or easily tailored to application-specific requirements with freely selectable functions.
REG630 can be used in either single or double-busbar applications with one or two breakers and numerous switching devices. It also supports a substantial number of both manually and motor-operated disconnectors and earthing switches. REG630 can therefore be used to control various types of switchgears.
REG630 fully supports the IEC 61850 standard for communication in substations and covers both vertical and horizontal communication, including GOOSE messaging with both binary and analog signals. REG630 also supports the DNP3 (TCP/IP) and IEC 60870-5-103 (serial) communication protocols. The supported communication protocols, including IEC 61850, offer seamless connectivity to various station automation and SCADA systems.
- Flexible generator protection relay for synchronous generators
- Differential protection, 3rd harmonic-based stator earth-fault protection, reverse power protection and extensive interconnection protection for distributed generation
- Control of two circuit breakers and a total of eight disconnectors and earthing switches
- Freely configurable functionality to meet application-specific requirements
- Large, integrated or detached HMI