The TCC300 digital tapchanger controller is dedicated for metering, monitoring, and operational control of step-voltage load tap changers. It can be easily integrated to replace old on-load tap changer controllers or for new installations requiring state-of-the-art features. The TCC300 provides reliable operation with expanding capabilities such as means to address distributed generation and cyber security requirements.
The TCC300’s easy installation, comprehensive communication capabilities and variety of features meet all types of applications, making this control the ideal solution for all your present and future needs.
Application-specific features include:
- Adapter panels to retrofit popular industry tapchanger controls
- USB 1.1 Communications Port for quick field‑updatable programming
- Harmonic Analysis
- Smart Reverse Power detection/operation with VT configuration for source and load sides
- Line Drop Compensation with R &X or Z- compensation
- Transformer paralleling by circulating current, Master/Follower (peer to peer) circuitry, or ΔVAR® methods
- Demand metering/Data Logging with Date/Time Stamp (Single/Three‑Phase)
- Smart Flash SD Card
- IEC-61850, DNP 3.0, and Modbus communication protocols
- Optional Ethernet RJ45 or Fiber Optic Ethernet
- Local Wireless Bluetooth capability
All of the features and options commonly available with analog controls are standard with the TCC300, as well as many other benefits such as a remote communications capability. The TCC300 tapchanger controller uses menu-driven software that prompts the operator with an easy-to-understand display. Remote communications capability is also available using the TCC600 Communications Software to monitor and program all functions via modem or direct serial connection.
ABB offers interchangeable adapter panels, that when combined with the TCC300 controller, can be customized to fit as a replacement for a variety of manufacturers' Load Tap Changers transformers and regulator controls.
- Connects easily to the TCC300 Digital Tapchanger Control using mounting screws and 24-pin connector
- Provides mounting adaptable to several different configurations
- Provides built-in CT shorting protection when the TCC300 Digital Tap changer Control is removed
- Harmonic Analysis Enhancement
- Embedded Cybersecurity
- SD card: For settings, firmware upgrade, etc. without the need of a laptop
- -40 to 80 Degree Celsius operating temperature range
- Can parallel more up to 16 transformers using peer-to-peer
- 64 samples per cycle, capable of monitor up to the 31st harmonic current and voltage
- Bluetooth communications
- Small footprint ideal to be installed at the transformer