RET620 is a dedicated transformer relay perfectly aligned for the protection, control, measurement, and supervision of two- or three-winding power transformers and power generator-transformer blocks in utility and industrial power distribution systems. RET620 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and a part of its 620 series products.
The 620 series relays are characterized by flexibility and performance for demanding utility distribution and industrial applications. Engineered from the ground up, the 620 series has been designed to unleash the full potential of the IEC 61850 standard for communication and interoperability between substation automation devices.
- Ideal protection for two-winding power transformers and power generator-transformer blocks
- Maximized capital by keeping assets working longer with designs that require less equipment and space
- Enhanced safety by reducing hazards with safety-conscious designs
- Increased reliability by maintaining vital operations with steady, high-quality power every minute of every day
- Reduced operating costs with effective energy management and maintenance strategies
- More flexible system upgrades without rewiring or changing components
- Ease of integration with non-proprietary IEC 61850 communications
- Drawout design
- Sensitive differential protection for turn-to-turn faults of two or three windings
- Overexcitation (V/Hz) protection
- Arc flash detection (AFD)
- Ring-lug terminals for all inputs and outputs
- Programmable push buttons