RET630 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and a part of its 630 product series. The 630 series relays are characterized by functional scalability and flexible configurability. RET630 has been designed to be the main protection and offer full protection for two-winding power transformers.
There are two pre-defined configurations, designed to match the most typical transformer protection and control requirements: one is intended for two-winding HV/MV transformer applications not requiring restricted earth-fault protection, and the other for such applications requiring it. The pre-defined configurations can be used as such or easily tailored to application-specific requirements with freely selectable functions.
RET630 can be used in either single or double-busbar applications with one or two breakers and numerous switching devices. It also supports a substantial number of both manually and motor-operated disconnectors and earthing switches. RET630 can therefore be used to control various types of switchgears.
RET630 fully supports the IEC 61850 standard for communication in substations and covers both vertical and horizontal communication, including GOOSE messaging with both binary and analog signals. RET630 also supports the DNP3 (TCP/IP) and IEC 60870-5-103 (serial) communication protocols. The supported communication protocols, including IEC 61850, offer seamless connectivity to various station automation and SCADA systems.
- Flexible transformer protection relay for two-winding power transformers
- Differential protection, thermal overload protection, voltage protection, automatic voltage regulator, and hot spot and aging rate monitoring
- Control of two circuit breakers and a total of eight disconnectors and earthing switches
- Freely configurable functionality to meet application-specific requirements
- Large, integrated or detached HMI