Voltage protection is the most basic protection in a power grid. The objective of a protection scheme is to keep the power system stable by isolating only the components that are under fault, whilst leaving as much of the network as possible still in operation.
In addition to basic voltage protection ABB also provides enhanced voltage protection functions, for example, automatic voltage regulation.
- Voltage and frequency based protection applications in utility and industrial power systems
- Keep the power system stable
- Enhanced voltage protection functions
- IEC 61850 standard for communication
- Automatic voltage regulator functions for power transformers equipped with an on-load tap-changer