REU611 is designed for over-voltage and under-voltage protection, sequence protection, residual over-voltage and additional 2-stage frequency protection of large-size power stations or small power units. The voltage protection relay is used for a wide variety of applications, including busbar, power transformer, motor and capacitor bank applications.
Once the application-specific parameters have been entered, the installed relay is ready to be put into service. Additionally, communication functionality and interoperability between substation automation devices offered by the IEC 61850 standard adds flexibility and value to both electrical system operators and manufacturers.
REU611 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and its 611 series.
- Pre-configured voltage-based protection unit for utility distribution and industrial applications
- Powerful and user-friendly web browser-based human machine interface (HMI) including input/output (I/O) matrix with visual selections
- Application-specific standard configuration resulting in shorter relay setup and commissioning time
- Support for IEC 61850, edition 1 and 2, including binary GOOSE messaging
- Parallel protocol availability with IEC 61850 and Modbus