REU610 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and part of its 610 product series. The series includes protection relays for feeder protection, motor protection and general system voltage supervision. The plug-in design facilitates the commissioning of the switchgear and enables fast and safe insertion and withdrawal of plug-in units.
REU610 is designed for distribution substation busbar over-voltage and under-voltage protection, feeder and power transformer over-voltage protection, motor under-voltage protection, and capacitor bank protection and supervision. In isolated neutral power systems, it is also used for non-discriminative earth-fault protection, based on residual voltage measurement. REU610 is used for initializing automatic substation busbar changeover and for disconnecting small power units from the public network, that is, islanding.
- The compact design makes it suitable for both new and retrofit installations
- Quick and easy routine maintenance thanks to the removable plug-in design
- Complete type test certified by KEMA
- Certificated for marine and off-shore use by Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
- Protection for utility distribution and basic industrial applications
- REU610 offers integrated protection functions including two-stage overvoltage protection, two-stage undervoltage protection and two-stage residual overvoltage protection. Furthermore, REU610 includes two mutually exclusive protection functions, a single-stage negative phase-sequence overvoltage protection function or a single-stage positive phase-sequence undervoltage protection function.
- REU610 supports a wide range of standard communication protocols, including IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5-103, Modbus®, Profibus, DNP3, SPA and LON.