REU610 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and part of its 610 product series. The series includes protection relays for feeder protection, motor protection and general system voltage supervision. The plug-in design facilitates the commissioning of the switchgear and enables fast and safe insertion and withdrawal of plug-in units.
REU610 is designed for distribution substation busbar over-voltage and under-voltage protection, feeder and power transformer over-voltage protection, motor under-voltage protection, and capacitor bank protection and supervision. In isolated neutral power systems, it is also used for non-discriminative earth-fault protection, based on residual voltage measurement. REU610 is used for initializing automatic substation busbar changeover and for disconnecting small power units from the public network, that is, islanding.
- Dedicated protection for utility distribution and industrial applications
- Complete type test certified by KEMA
- Certificated for marine and off-shore use by Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
- Compact size makes the 610 series ideal for retrofits and small spaces
- Quick and easy routine maintenance thanks to the removable plug-in design