REF615 is a dedicated feeder relay perfectly aligned for the protection, control, measurement and supervision of utility and industrial power distribution systems. REF615 fits both isolated neutral networks and networks with resistance or impedance earthed neutrals. Furthermore, making use of the relay's advanced inter-station communication facilities, REF615 can also be applied for protection of ring-type and meshed distribution networks and of radial networks. The protected networks may also involve multiple infeed and distributed power generation. REF615 is available in twelve standard configurations to suit the most common feeder protection and control applications.
REF615 features genuine support for the IEC 61850 standard for communication in substations, including IEC 61850-9-2 LE, and also for Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP) and High-availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR) protocols. This relay also supports DNP3, IEC 60870-5-103 and Modbus® protocols. The Profibus DPV1 protocol is supported by using the protocol adapter SPA-ZC 302.
REF615 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and its 615 series.
- Fits into different networks and earthing principles, select conventional or sensor instrument transformers
- Extensive range of protection and control functionality, comprehensive earth-fault protection and fault locator function
- IEC 61850 communication, including redundant Ethernet, GOOSE, and process bus for voltages
- Large graphical display which can show customizable single-line diagrams
- Ready-made standard configurations to quickly setup the unit into service, and also the capability to modify