Feeder protection and control REF630 IEC
REF630 is a comprehensive feeder protection relay for power system protection. It is used for protection, control, measurement and supervision of utility and industrial distribution substations.
REF630 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family. The 630 product series is characterized by functional sociability and flexible configurability. REF630 provides main protection and control for overhead lines and cable feeders in distribution networks.
REF630 is suitable for power system protection in both isolated neutral networks and resistance or impedance earthed neutral networks. There are four pre-defined configurations to match typical feeder protection and control requirements available. These pre-defined configurations can be used as such. They can be also adapted or extended with number of functions to satisfy the specific requirements of your application.
REF630 is an ideal solution for local and remote bay control. It offers a number of freely assignable binary input/output and logic functions for establishing bay control and interlocking functions for circuit breakers, disconnectors and earthing switches. REF630 supports both single and double busbar substation layouts.
- Flexible feeder protection relay for overhead lines and cable feeders
- Distance protection, fault locator, over-current protection and comprehensive earth-fault protection
- Control of two circuit breakers and total amount of eight disconnectors and earthing switches
- Freely configurable functionality to meet specific requirements of different applications
- Large, integrated or detachable display