REM630 is a comprehensive motor management protection relay for the protection, control, measurement and supervision of medium and large synchronous and asynchronous motors in medium voltage industrial power systems.
REM630 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and a part of its 630 product series, which is characterized by functional scalability and flexible configurability. It also features necessary control functions required for the management of industrial motor feeder bays.
This protection relay provides main protection for synchronous and asynchronous motors. It can be used for circuit-breaker and contactor-controlled motors in a variety of drive applications, such as, motor drives for pumps, fans, compressors, mills and crushers. There are pre-defined configurations to match typical motor protection and control requirements available. These pre-defined configurations can be used as such. Alternatively, they can also be adapted or extended with a number of functions to satisfy the specific requirements of your application.
REM630 offers a number of freely assignable binary input/output and logic functions for establishing control and interlocking functions for circuit breakers, disconnectors and earthing switches. This protection relay supports both single and double busbar substation layouts.
This relay has genuine support for the IEC 61850 standard for communication in substations covering both vertical and horizontal communication, including GOOSE messaging with binary and analog signals. It also supports the DNP3 (TCP/IP) and IEC 60870-5-103 (serial) protocols.
- Flexible motor protection relay for synchronous and asynchronous motors
- Differential protection, thermal overload protection, motor start-up supervision and frequency protection
- Control of two circuit breakers and total amount of eight disconnectors and earthing switches
- Freely configurable functionality to meet specific requirements of different applications
- Large, integrated or detachable display