RET630 is a comprehensive transformer protection relay for protection, control, measurement and supervision of power transformers, unit and step-up transformers, including power generator-transformer blocks in utility and industry power distribution networks.
RET630 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and a part of its 630 product series, which is characterized by functional scalability and flexible configurability. The RET630 relay provides main protection for two-winding power transformers and power generator-transformer blocks. There are two pre-defined configurations to match typical transformer protection and control specifications available. These pre-defined configurations can be used as such. Alternatively, they can also be adapted or extended with a number of functions to satisfy the specific requirements of your application.
This relay offers a number of freely assignable binary input/output and logic functions for establishing control and interlocking functions for circuit breakers, disconnectors and earthing switches. RET630 supports both single and double busbar substation layouts.
RET630 has genuine support for IEC 61850 standard for communication in substations covering both vertical and horizontal communication, including GOOSE messaging with binary and analog signals. It also supports the DNP3 (TCP/IP) and IEC 60870-5-103 (serial) protocols.
- Flexible transformer protection relay for two-winding power transformers
- Differential protection, thermal overload protection, voltage protection and automatic voltage regulator
- Control of two circuit breakers and total amount of eight disconnectors and earthing switches
- Freely configurable functionality to meet specific requirements of different applications
- Large, integrated or detachable display