MySiteCare - universal monitoring and diagnostic unit for medium voltage circuit breakers
MySiteCare implements predictive diagnostic algorithms and provides indications concerning the mechanical, electrical and operating conditions of the circuit-breaker.
Part of customer support agreements, ABB has developed MyRemoteCare solution for condition-based maintenance of the electrification system thanks to remote diagnosis and monitoring of each circuit-breaker. It is able to acquire diagnostic information from many sources: intelligent electronic devices, smart circuit breakers, sensors and integrated diagnostic systems. When these devices are not available, ABB provides MySiteCare: a universal circuit-breaker monitoring and diagnosis device.
One MySiteCare unit must be installed for each circuit-breaker and it monitors the following variables:
- Operation of the mechanical part: opening and closing times, spring charging time, slipping and failed spring loading attempt, number of operations, idle time
- Remaining life estimation and contact wear
- Monitoring of temperature inside the circuit breaker compartment and of the auxiliary voltage
- a user-friendly interface that displays faults by means of a traffic light
- indication on how serious the fault is and the probability of failure
- impaired reliability and safety of the monitored equipment.