The Automation Builder platform allows common data storage and usage of common functionality by the integrated software tools as well as management of the software installation and updates, and is the integration core of the Automation Builder software suite.
The new level of engineering productivity introduced by Automation Builder addresses major emerging challenges in the industrial automation field
- such as the trend to improve performance with more dynamic and complex control algorithms,
- the fast growing trend to incorporate much more sophisticated safety mechanisms,
- and the demand for much larger factory-scale automation networks.
Productivity means doing more with less. The integrated nature of our tools working seamlessly together allows you to flexibly manage software complexity while keeping full control over your project.
- Once up and running and when creating a new project, you have the possibility to establish user profiles and corresponding access rights to help you with managing the project and assigning user roles.
- At any time, a project archive can be created that allows you to store all your work in a single archive, and to re-store it on the same or on a different PC.
- Speed up your project by the powerful ECAD and MS EXCEL interface capabilities.
- The integrated Drive Manager allows you to remotely configure and monitor your ABB drives through the PLC.
- From the platform’s integrated object browser, it is possible to access and configure devices and interfaces. This includes ABB´s standard PLCs, control panels, drives, robots and safety PLCs.
- The integrated web browser helps you to quickly access the latest information and updates from ABB, without even changing the application window.