The Crane OCR System automates the process of manually verifying ISO containers loaded and discharged from dockside ship-to-shore (STS) gantry cranes. Deployed on over 150 cranes since 2002, the system provides near 100% accuracy and unequalled reliability and redundancy.
Crane OCR is a clear mandate for automated terminal operations. But even for manual terminals looking to increase productivity and safety, the solution, when combined with MatchMaker (to identify transport/yard tractors at the cranes) enables the automatic release and confirmation of parking instructions and work orders from the TOS in real-time.
Terminal operators who have deployed Crane OCR have quickly realized savings and benefits including reduced data entry errors, lower man-power requirements and operating costs, and, most importantly, increased crane productivity.
ABB Crane OCR System enables:
- Real time confirmation of load and discharge events
- Automatic data entry; no personnel under the crane
- Increased BAPLIE accuracy
- Automated handoff of container to and from tractor/AGV/shuttle and ground
- Increased productivity of vessel operations
- 100% remote control of system and management of operational exceptions
- Recording of PLC data and container weights
- ROI in as little as 3 months