ENVILINE VLD detects and removes hazardous voltage conditions by shorting the running rails to ground in a timely, effective and safe manner.
Installed at substations, passenger stations and crossings, or wherever else people are exposed to running rails with potentially grounded surfaces, the ENVILINE VLD provides peace of mind by helping the system comply with standard EN 50122-1 (safety, earthing and provisions against electric shock).
The VLD is also referred to as:
- Negative grounding device
- Floating negative automatic grounding system
- Rail grounding or short circuiting device
Rail grounding protection covered by VLD:
- Temporarily grounding of the running rails in case of high voltage problems caused by traction currents, lightning, etc.
- Fault clearance in case of a short circuit of the positive side of the traction power line
- Safety for rail maintenance (VLD can be set in manual lock position to safely ground the running rails during maintenance)
For more information please refer to the product brochure in the Downloads section.