Symphony Plus for Solar, a versatile and scalable automation solution, is designed for monitoring and control of PV power plants. The solution spans from plant automation including panel position control, plant diagnostics and power management, up to enterprise SCADA to enabling remote operations and management of PV plants.
The SCADA system is designed for monitoring all key plant components, from PV panels (with and without tracking systems) to the inverters, transformers and switchgear, grid connection and meteorological stations. It supports a broad range of communication protocols like Modbus TCP, OPC, IEC 6087-5-104, enabling it to connect and exchange data with all plant components. With a real-time database and a historian, relevant plant data can be acquired and either stored on site, or forwarded to a remote management center. The system also features the capability to monitor and control plant and substation equipment using the IEC 61850 protocol, enabling ABB’s solution to integrate generation and electrical components into a single information and control system.
- Ergonomic HMI enables fast and effective operations. The integrated alarm management system ensures that all relevant plant issues are brought to operators’ attention while keeping nuisance alarms away.
- Thanks to a high-performance controller connected to all relevant actuators, the system manages active and reactive power, power factor and also provides voltage and frequency control.
- Dedicated availability and performance calculations report status of assets and support maintenance and investment decisions.
- Grid code compliance feature, eliminating project risks and ensuring revenue streams from day one after commissioning and testing with grid operator
- Optimal economic running point for the entire portfolio of plants is achieved using the power management module based on OPTIMAX Powerfit technology.