ABB offers MPS lnform for the acquisition and analysis of data relating to newspaper printing. The system runs on a standard PC and enables the user to obtain reports and analyses for his or her needs. The use of MS Access as front end allows the user to create any analysis of his or her choice.
The analysis includes tailor-made information for process optimization such as statistics on production, faults, operating sequences, material consumption and operating hours. As an option it also supports the management of preventive maintenance including the follow-up of completed works.
- Long-term storage of production data in an Oracle database
- Extensive range of data analysis functions
- Microsoft Access front end so that users can define their own reports etc.
- Flexible system architecture with either a standalone system or a client/server configuration
- Provision for access to the database data by third-party systems
- Multisite capability
- Optional “Maintenance Module” for the planning of all press maintenance work