The SCK consists of the following three modules:
- Probe retractor with pneumatic motor and chain driven water-cooled probe
- Control unit with industrial controller and touch panel operation
- Cooling unit with speed-controlled heat exchanger, closed water loop and cooling water circulation pump
The retractor with its pneumatic chain drive carries the gas sampling probe. After the probe can be completely retracted, an integrated pneumatically driven oven flap closes the sampling opening, thus preventing hot and toxic gases that could cause hazard to operators and machinery to exhaust from the kiln. A complete top cover protects the moving parts from dust. Due to the design of the retractor, the tip of the probe is available for inspection and cleaning purposes at all times.
ABB is the only supplier on the market that can offer two different water cooled probes for the kiln application:
- Probe H is preferred where extremely hard encrustations are to be expected. The pneumatically driven plunger, which is welded on the filter tip, mechanically breaks the encrustations at the probe gas entry without interruption of the measurement
- Probe 60S is the choice for kilns where extremely hard encrustations are not expected
L = 1.5 m / 2.0 m / 2.5 m preferably for use at calciner gas exit
L = 3.0 m / 3.5 m preferably for use at cement kiln gas exit
The menu-driven industrial controller includes a touch panel and operates the complete system.
The benefits of the control unit :
- Remote diagnosis via standard Ethernet
- All relevant data can be downloaded via an USB stick and send to your ABB partner.
- Remote control via Profibus enabling retraction, insertion and back purging of the probe
- Configuration of cleaning cycles, limit values, periodical sampling according to the operators needs, without any complicated PLC programming
Cooling of the sample probe is mandatory due to the prevailing conditions. ABB’s cooling system uses a closed water circuit for safe and environmental friendly cooling. Analog sensors continuously monitor water flow, temperature and pressure. This gives the operator in the control room complete control of the system conditions.
"SCK", "Probe H", "Probe60S" are trademarks of ABB Automation, Frankfurt