ABB is a leading global manufacturer of dry-type and liquid-filled distribution transformers specifically designed to meet the requirements of wind applications. They are suitable for both onshore and offshore wind turbine applications.
ABB’s wind transformers are designed for installation on the nacelle platform, inside the tower base, or outside the tower adjacent to the base. Those suited for nacelle or tower application have a compact design that allows them to easily pass through the tower door, for mounting on the nacelle platform or within the limited space of the turbine tower, without disassembly. They are designed to reduce losses and operate in environments with high vibrations, such as the nacelle, as well as in harsh ambient conditions where salt, sand, dust and 100 percent relative humidity are commonplace.
Our dry-type and liquid-filled transformers are rated up to 72.5 kV and 15 MVA, meeting the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) environmental standard 2 (E2), climatic standard 2 (C2) and fire behavior standard 1 (F1).
- Rated power: up to 15 MVA
- Rated voltage class: up to 72.5 kV
- Insulation system temperature: up to 155 ºC (class F), 180 ºC (class H)
- Cooling method: AN, AF, AFWF, ONAN, ONAN/ONAF
- Fluids: mineral oil, synthetic ester (Midel 7131), natural ester (Biotemp), Luminol “C50” oil (low temperature oil)
- Technology leader with broad experience of transformers for wind farm applications
- Global production facilities allocated for wind applications
- Transformers are suitable for operation and installation in all environments and locations
- Wind application transformers are designed with high efficiency, safety incorporated, environmental friendliness and superior operational reliability