Traction transformers are critical components in the traction chain, affecting both train performance and operator services. ABB supplies traction transformers for all applications: high-speed, commuter and regional trains, locomotives, tram-trains and AC metros offering different designs in terms of size, weight and power ratings. They can be mounted either in the machine room of the train, on the roof or under the floor, providing maximum flexibility and reliability in single and multiphase systems.
Most of the world’s train manufacturers and rail operators rely on ABB traction transformers.
- More than 135 years of experience in transformers
- An estimated global installed base of 40’000 units worldwide
- Independent supplier present in more than 100 countries
- State-of-the-art transformer technology
- Custom-made solution to withstand physical and operating constraints
- Global and comprehensive support network, providing 24/7 assistance and service
- Global footprint with 4 manufacturing centers