In the event of rapid loss of oil from a large power transformer, it is necessary to have an automatic operating valve that prevents the conservator from draining. ABB Comem RDR-MK shutter valve monitors the movement of the insulating fluid from the conservator to the transformer tank. If the flow towards the tank increases, the shutter valve closes the pipe to prevent the dispersion of insulation fluid inside the conservator, thereby reducing the risk of fire.
ABB Comem RDR-MK shutter valve is considered an essential fire protection and safety device by many transmission and distribution companies.
- More than 50 years of experience in manufacturing transformer components
- Global after-sales and customer support network
- Liquid-filled power transformers
- Suitable for mineral oil or silicone oil
- Available in three sizes to accommodate different pipe couplings: DN25, DN50, DN8