Tap-changers are used to change the turn ratio between windings in a transformer. This ratio determines the voltage ratio between the windings and is essential for the stabilization of network voltage under variable load conditions. This adjustment may be made by an on-load tap-changer, or by a de-energized tap-changer, or by the selection of bolted link positions.
ABB offers a comprehensive portfolio of on-load-tap-changers both the conventional type and vacuum technology for both high voltage and low voltage regulation, in in-tank and on-tank solutions. Our offering includes also a wide range of de-energized tap-changers.
- Over 100 years of experience
- Proven solutions with decades of successful field experience
- Serving variety of transformers in different regions and countries
- Longest lifetime by using high class material
- Type tested beyond international standards
- High reliability by using few parts and low complexity in design
- Easiest maintenance by using open designs, absence of special tools
- Life-cycle support
- Retrofit solutions
- Easy upgrading to vacuum technology in existing installation